In The News

Project Description

Kitchen Fire Closes Church’s Chicken
Source: The Newnan Times-Herald

Kitchen Fire Closes Church’s Chicken

The Newnan Times-Herald, February 18, 2016
By Sarah Fay Campbell

The Newnan Church’s Chicken store is closed following a fire Tuesday.

The fire in the kitchen area caused some electrical damage but no structural damage, according to city of Newnan Public Information Officer Gina Snider.

The overhead suppression system was activated, according to Newnan Fire Marshall Tim Cox. Overhead suppression systems are required in all restaurant kitchens that have a fryer, Cox said.

Cleanup crews with Rhino Services were on site Tuesday, removing items from the kitchen that were contaminated by the fire, including boxes of food.

Yellow fire line tape blocked the driveway, and cones were set up blocking the turning lane in front of the restaurant.

Before it can reopen, the restaurant will need to be inspected by the fire marshal and the building department, said Snider.

Then it will have to pass inspection by the Coweta County Environmental Health Department to be authorized to serve food again. Officials with Environmental Health were not available for comment Tuesday.

View Article
Back to News